Current students, faculty and staff may access our online databases using the links below.
If you are off campus, you will be asked for a username and password. Use the same username and password that you use to access my.iliff and Canvas.
New!! The Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics
- With over 850 entries and 400 contributing scholars, the Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics Online is a great resource for studying Hebrew linguistics, general linguistics, Biblical studies, Hebrew and Jewish literature.
New!! The Encyclopedia of Religion E-Book (2nd Edition)
- This standard resource is available electronically. It's fully searchable or browsable. The original 2,750 entries have been retained, many heavily updated, and approximately 600 entirely new articles have been added by an international team of scholars and contributors.
Academic Search Premier
- General, multi-disciplinary database, which includes many full-text, peer reviewed articles.
- Includes full-text journal articles, book reviews, and collections of essays in all fields of religion with ATLA's online collection of major religion and theology journals.
Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Completely searchable and includes both the 16th and 15th editions.
Chronicle of Higher Education
- A source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators.
Also includes many other general interest and specialty databases
- ATLAReligion - Includes a full range of index citations to articles, essays in multi-author works, and book reviews from over 1,550 religious and theological journals, including international titles. It spans over 50 years with selected records dating back to 1818. Updated quarterly. Includes full-text articles.
- Academic Search Premier- contains indexing and abstracts for over 8,450 journals, with full text for more than 4,600 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available.
- Old Testament and New Testament Abstracts - Indexing and abstracts for journal articles, monographs, multi-author works, and software related to biblical studies.
- Catholic Periodical & Literature Index (CPLI) - Covers all aspects of the Catholic faith and lifestyle, including over 380,000 index citations of articles and reviews published in Roman Catholic periodicals, Papal documents, church promulgations, or produced by Catholic publishers
- WorldCat - Catalog of books, maps, musical scores, sound and video recordings, web sites, and other materials in libraries worldwide. Publication dates go back before 1000 BC. Updated daily.
- A digital library of more than 1,500 academic journals, book, and primary sources.
- Tens of thousands of full-text research and reference materials-- from The New Interpreter's Bible and the Abingdon Old and New Testament Commentaries to devotions, prayers and sermon starters. Click the library tab within this database to access the reference works.
Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- Provides a comprehensive resource for the study of the Bible and biblical history.
Oxford Islamic Studies Online
- Features reference content and commentary by scholars in areas such as global Islamic history, concepts, people, practices, politics, and culture. Updated regularly.
Oxford Handbooks Online, Religion
- A collection of the best Handbooks in 14 subject areas within Religion.
Oxford Bibliographies Online, Biblical Studies
- Includes a collection of authoritative research guides.
Religious and Theological Abstracts
- Provides abstracts of articles from scholarly religious and theological journals, including English-language abstracts of articles published in Hebrew, Afrikaans, and major European languages.
- Index Theologicus
Document descriptions from more than 600 periodicals and from Festschriften and congress publications.
- Religion Online
More than 5,700 chapters, interviews, monographs, speeches and articles by scholars in religion and theology, with biographical sketches of some authors. Searchable by author, category, or keyword.
- Research in Ministry
Indexes DMin and DMiss projects from reporting schools of theology accredited by the ATS in the US and Canada. Indexing began in 1981. Author, title, project advisor, institution, and subject access are provided. Abstract is included when provided by the author.
- Review of Biblical Literature
Contains free online reviews of recent books in biblical studies and related fields. It seeks to be comprehensive, international in scope, and timely.
We offer access to the ATLA Religion database for Iliff Alums. To access the passwords and links for the database, login to my.iliff.edu, choose the “Alums and Friends” tab and then the “Library for Alums” link along the left sidebar. If you are an Iliff Alum and do not have login information, please contact Mary Olson (email@example.com or 303.765.3170).